Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mother's Day ~ 2013

Mother's Day ~ 2013

Seven years of motherhood and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  It's the hardest job I've ever had ~ at times frustrating, challenging and tiring but always, always full of love.  I love my two little ones and am so thankful that God chose me to be their mama. 

Mother's Day this year got off to a bit of rocky start...I was overly tired from my night shift work the two previous nights and to be frank was a little let down about our plans for the day.  I think it's because being a mom is so very important to me.  Really the most important thing.  And it's a job that is unappreciated more often than not.  I kind of think that Mother's Day should be special.  Maybe even a little over the top, extraordinary, certainly not like any other Sunday.  Thankfully the kids made me super sweet crafts, which are the very best kind of gifts and the day got progressively better.  A reflective and restorative time at church and a super delicious and fun lunch out at Ginger Pop (cold beer and fabulous Thai food, it really doesn't get much better for me!).  From there we were able to do a little shopping and then headed out to Kyle's parents house to celebrate with family.
Lunch out after church is always fun!

My sweet girl

I always miss being with my mom on Mother's Day.  It's hard to talk to her and know that she's a thousand miles away.  I wish we could celebrate together...especially since becoming a mom myself I now know exactly how much she loves me.  Makes me love and appreciate her and all that she has done for me even more!  Maybe one day we'll be able to celebrate this special day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment