Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's a Lego Party

I am finally nearing the end of Carter's birthday pictures and I think I've saved the best for last.  We had such a great time celebrating Carter's birthday with family and friends.  His Lego themed party was so much fun and all of the kids seemed to enjoy themselves, as well.

The finished treat table
I wish I would have gotten a close up of the sugar cookies that we made to include in the favor bags.  They were squares and rectangles made to look like Legos.  We used blue, green and yellow frosting and topped them with M&M's.  My talented friend, Kathy, is known for her yummy sugar cookies and she was such a big help in getting these made.  I should have snapped a picture of us hard at work decorating them, too.


Carter -6!
Kennedy - 3


It was so wonderful to have Nana here celebrating with us.
I'm not quite sure how I'd ever pull off a party without her!

Papa and Grandma joined in on the fun, too

Cupcakes!

Presents

Cake time



A little shy as everyone sang

making a wish

first up to the pinata
busted a pretty big hole, so it didn't last long


Andrew and all of his muscles managed to break the pinata open.  I was worried the kids would be sad that they didn't get a turn, but once the candy was out, everyone was thrilled.

chaos


Really, it was so much fun to celebrate with our wonderful friends and family.  I know Carter felt like his day was special and was happy to be surrounded by love.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this birthday extra special!

No comments:

Post a Comment