Monday, April 16, 2012

catching up

This is a busy time of year for us...between baseball, birthdays, Easter, spring break, etc., I've found myself, once again, quite behind on posting memories on our blog.  I have a quick catch up post planned and then I'll focus on the more substantial posts as time allows. 
This blog is important to me and as I've said before, I hope that one day Carter and Kennedy will be thankful for this history of their childhood.  I use this as a tool to record our lives and all the craziness that follows and by no means do I want to sound like I'm complaining about being busy or that I only post the good things in order to "brag" about life.  Honestly, I try to capture the realness of day to day life as our family sees it...with that being said, here are a few pictures of the past weeks and some of what we've been up to recently.
Carter and Kennedy's fake smiles...I've got to come up with a better way of soliciting genuine smiles from my kiddos.  Because when they actually smile out of joy, it melts my heart.

We had a few OMNIMAX tickets that were set to expire at the end of March, so Kyle took the kids to OMSI one Saturday morning.  Bless my sweet husband's heart, he carried around our big camera and tried to snap pictures of the kids so that I could see (and later document) what they did on their adventure together.

Playing in the ball room and having a great time! 
We usually don't venture to these types of places on weekends, because they are so crowded.  But the kids had a blast and managed to find areas that weren't swarming with people. 
They enjoyed a movie about Dinosaurs and even were treated to lunch in the cafeteria. 
A fun day with Dad indeed!

We got together with the Pikes to celebrate Shannon's birthday before they headed down to Palm Springs for a few weeks.  They are such dear friends and we always enjoy our time together.  I'm so thankful they live so close!

Happy Birthday Shannon!
My kids just adore her, as do I!  She is a thoughtful friend, a wonderful mother and an all around fantastic woman!

See what I mean?  This is a genuine smile and I can't get enough of it!

Sweet Brevin

We enjoyed a light and healthy dinner so that we could indulge in a very unhealthy dessert.  I found this recipe for Recees' cheesecake bars on Pinterest and they were tasty.  Very rich...again, I wonder why these new desserts that I keep trying are so rich?  It's tough to eat more than a few bites, although maybe that's the point.
I'll post the links to both recipes soon.

Palm Sunday
One of my favorite services of the year at church.  The kids always parade through the sanctuary waving palms and I love it.  I love the story of Palm Sunday and it's such a wonderful way to start off Holy Week.


No comments:

Post a Comment