Tuesday, April 17, 2012

bunny fun

There is always a little room for some fun, and I found a few cute Easter ideas on Pinterest this year.

First up, Bunny Bait
This was really simple to make:
corn chex, pretzels and white popcorn tossed and coated with white candy melts, enhanced with festive sprinkles and Easter M&Ms. 
Very cute end result that I packaged up for the kids' Sunday school teachers.  I had a bit left over so I used it for Easter morning place settings, as well.

Next up, coloring Easter eggs
Nothing fancy this year but fun none the less.  The kids enjoyed writing their names with the wax crayon and Carter even drew a cross.  It was nice to know that the true meaning of Easter was not lost during these events.



Getting a little goofy

We did take this opportunity to talk more about the Easter story and emphasize to the kids that while eggs and bunnies are a lot of fun, the gift of Easter is so much better.  I was a little worried about how fascinated and fixated they seemed to be about Jesus's death, but after talking with friends I think it's quite normal.  I suppose the shocking way in which He died is somewhat (albeit morbidly) fascinating.  Kyle and I tried to steer the conversation towards the resurrection and the sacrifice of our Lord.  I'm always encouraged by how much the kids seem to understand and remember.

I set the table Saturday night so that the kids would have something special to wake up to.  I found cute paper at Micheal's and used that for place mats.  It worked perfectly.  A very cheap way to spruce up the table.

The Easter bunny left a little loot for the kids.
Less candy more little gifts.
Kennedy received a ream of paper (for her endless crafting), markers, band aids, hair pretties, a dress, a bracelet and some princess music/story cds.
Carter got a few activity books, a watch, a new Leapad game, a shirt, card game and movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment