Tuesday, March 27, 2012

spring snow

The calendar may say spring, but our weather has been very winter like recently.  We woke up on Thursday morning to a couple inches of snow, although it had already started to melt, and a 2 hour late start at school.  And since Carter is in the morning kindergarten class, a 2 hour delay results in no school for him.  We've had four such days in March alone, he has barely gone to school this month!
As much as I love snow and appreciate it's beauty, I am so ready for spring.  I must admit, though, that this was some of the best snow we've had for playing in this winter.  The kids had a ball!
My little snow bunny

Carter and our neighbor Nate
I was slightly concerned that I was going to be beaned by a snowball while I was trying to snap this picture!

Our friends had fun disk sleds and good drive ways to use as a hill.
It was a lot of fun watching the kids enjoy sledding.

The look of pure joy on her face says it all.

It was a great morning spent outside, enjoying the snow for (hopefully) the last time this winter and playing with friends.
Now, bring on the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment