Friday, March 9, 2012

snow day

I am always up for snow...I love the white, clean look of it and I love to see the joy on my kids' faces as they run and play.  With that being said, I'm kind of over winter and am just counting the days until summer.  I'm ready for tank tops and flip flops and sundresses for Miss K.  I want to put away the wool and down and pull out the pastels.  God had other plans.  On Thursday morning (March 1st, which to me seems like it should be the start of spring) we woke up to an inch or two of snow...enough that school was 2 hours late, which meant no AM kindergarten and consequently no school for Carter.  He was a bit sick so he wouldn't have been able to go anyways, so I guess the snow was an added excuse to stay in pajamas all day.

Even under the weather, Carter had to bundle up and play outside for a few minutes.  Kyle thought I was crazy to let him go out in the snow with a fever, but I figured sometimes it's okay to break the rules.  And snow seemed like a good enough reason.

The snow was already starting to melt by the time the kids headed out after breakfast.  But they managed to roll a few starts to a snowman and toss a few snow balls.

Jake always has the most fun!  He's like a puppy again when it snows and I love seeing the friskiness and energy that he usually keeps under wraps.
Our neighbor, Olivia, came down for a bit.  Although by this point, Carter's energy was fading and he didn't last much longer.  I had promised hot cocoa, so it wasn't too hard to coax them back into the house.

A little snow ball fight to end our play time. 
Sometimes I wonder about Carter's impulse control.  What started out innocently enough turned into Olivia getting snow down her coat and a wet boot.  I seem to be battling these type of choices with Carter a lot lately and I honestly don't know what else to do.  It seems like my words aren't doing a bit of good.  Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. If you figure out how to teach kids impulse control, I'll be first in line for lessons! :)

    ReplyDelete