Saturday, October 27, 2012

Preschool Field Trip ~ Pumpkin Patch

Bi-Zi Farms

Kennedy had her first field trip last week - a visit to the pumpkin patch.  We lucked out and had great fall weather ~ crisp and cool but sunny ~ it was fabulous!
I am so grateful that I can attend fun activities like these with the kids.  I realize that not every parent has that luxury, and I am thankful.  Kennedy was very excited for her trip and was thrilled that I was able to go with her.  We had two little friends in our car, so that kind of added to the excitement of the experience.

Lots of farm animals to see
I am not a huge fan of petting zoos.  They just seem dirty.  BUT, the kids seem to love them, so I endure the smell and dirt and try to ignore the issues of hygiene.  There were a couple of cute, playful little pigs that were fun to watch and a tiny baby goat that was awfully cute.  Thankfully there were big sinks to wash up once we were done. 

Time to climb the hay pyramid ~ and she's off!
Can I just tell you again how very much I love that little crinkled nose smile?  My cute little one, oh how I love you!

Gumball Class ~ 2012


Kennedy had a ton of fun playing and exploring with her friends...

and then we were off!  We loaded onto the tractor and enjoyed a quick ride up the hill to the pumpkin patch.  Kennedy and Lyla were joined at the hip, as usual.  Such a sweet little friendship they have.


Hunting for the perfect pumpkin
The pumpkins had to be small enough for the kids to carry on their own.  I broke the rules and helped Kennedy carry hers after awhile.  She would have been hard pressed to find one small enough to carry the whole time.

Lyla and Kennedy


Kennedy has the sweetest, kindest, most loving teacher this year - we just adore her!
We were thrilled to learn that Miss Tricia was coming back to Circle of Friends this year and we lucked out in getting into her class.  She is wonderful, warm and welcoming and Kennedy loves her!

No comments:

Post a Comment