Tuesday, December 31, 2013

a 40th luau birthday


Kyle and I thoroughly enjoying a night out together.  I took a lot of pictures on my phone so the quality is terrible, but I didn't want to pass up the chance to document our fun night!
My sweet friend, Sheri.  We enjoyed several lava flows ~ a festive, yummy drink!  I had a prime spot on the comfy family room couch and was able to sit and chat with lots of folks.  It's so rare that we have a fun night out with friends, and I treasured every moment of it. 

Kathy put together this fun montage on the dining room wall.  I helped her start it one afternoon, and it was so fun to look at lots of old photos of Dan.  A super cute idea and a fun conversation piece for the party.

Oh Shannon...we had so much fun!  I don't think it's often that Shannon really lets loose and it was a blast getting to kick off our heels and party!  She did a wonderful job as bartender for the evening, she kept the lava flows coming...and I think measuring might have gotten a little subjective as the night went on.  I had so much fun with you, friend!



Kyle and Zack with the birthday boy himself!
Happy Birthday Old Man!

Rachel and I ~ love you sweet friend!

There are so many things that I love about this picture!  Kathy and Shannon look blissful, Kyle is just being weird and then Rachel is jumping for joy in the background.  I think this was getting towards the end of the evening and everyone was feeling very happy!

Nothing like partying with your pastor...I love Fitz and his wife, Laurel, and it was great to have an opportunity to socialize with them.  I think I asked for a silly picture and this is what they came up with!

the ladies
me, Kathy, Shannon, Sheri, Amy and Jina

It really was a super fun evening, getting to celebrate a great guy!
Happy 4oth Dan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment