Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cannon Beach ~ skip day!

Our summer weather stretched right on into the start of school.  Kyle had been travelling quite a bit, the kids and I had been feeling a little frazzled with the start of school and all that goes along with it...and then the weather report stated that it was going to be 80 degrees and sunny at the beach.  Really, it's never that warm on the Oregon coast.  Carter had a short day on Wednesday, so I pulled Kennedy out a few hours early and we made our way to the beach.  It was a surprise for the kids, so I just picked them up with the car packed and told them on the way.  
packed, excited and ready for our little adventure...we seized the day and it felt so good to just be spontaneous and fun!

Our first stop, Bruce's Candy Kitchen, of course! 
(and notice Kennedy's sweatshirt?  the weather report wasn't 100% accurate and it was quite a bit colder than we were expecting.  but we didn't let it dampen our spirits!)


Nothing better than salt water taffy at the beach


beach fun!!!

Oh yes, while I had on two hoodies, the kids were in their swim suits and splashed and played in the water forever!  They were starting to resemble smurfs by the time I finally got them out.

wave jumping is the best!




this is what life is all about...the little moments that we just turn and face the sun, taking it all in, letting yourself be filled.  It was such a happy day for us.

We were attacked by a flock of seagulls who were intent on getting to our food.  At one point they managed to get our small bag of caramel corn.  Thankfully Carter chased them down and got our treats back!

little soccer game on the beach

and our day of fun was topped off with dinner at Mo's
I hope these are the type of days that my kiddos remember ~ I'm not always the fun mom, I'm the one who insists that homework is done and vegetables are eaten but I also love to do special things like this adventure with my kiddos.  It's good to be the fun mom too.
It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment