Monday, September 16, 2013

35.

Yes, my birthday was two months ago and I am just now getting around to posting about it.  Time has a way of zooming past!
35 was a great birthday and I pray that this year will be a good one, too.  I can honestly admit that I feel a little older...night shifts seem a little harder, I've found a few grey hairs (and I keep finding more!), and I don't bounce back or recover quite as quickly as I used to.  But those are just minor inconveniences and they are certainly over shadowed by the positive things that come with a little age.  I am so fortunate to feel comfortable in my own skin.  I don't worry nearly as much about what other people think (something that I've always struggled with), and I know in my heart that I am living my life the best way that I know how.   That's not to say that there isn't room for improvement ~ there are always lots of things that I'd love to do better, but I am content.  My list of blessings certainly outnumber any list of complaints.  And for that I am grateful!
I celebrated my birthday over the weekend and had a lot of fun.  My sister in law, Stacy, was in town for the weekend, so we had the pleasure of her company, along with my mom and in-laws, for a birthday dinner celebration, which was a ton of fun.
Kennedy and Auntie Stace, posing with Caroline, of course.
 
a beautiful evening to enjoy drinks and appetizers outside

a delicious ice cream cake from Baskin & Robbins, my very favorite!
It's always so great to have my mom here for my birthday, because she makes such an effort to make me feel special.  The kids were pretty excited too!

My actual birthday feel on a Sunday, so after church we came home and opened presents.  I was spoiled this year, for sure!
 

my most precious gifts!
 
all tied up!
 
Later that afternoon, Kyle and I headed out to Maryhill Winery in the gorge with our friends, Heather and Patrick, for a Counting Crows concert.  It was sunny and hot and we had SO MUCH FUN!
The venue was gorgeous, we enjoyed yummy wine and got our groove on.

all loaded up ~ chairs, food, coolers, etc.
We were set for the night!

Heather and me
 
the scenery was gorgeous!

We have so much fun with Heather and Patrick and this night was no different.  They were so sweet to help us celebrate my birthday and even brought special bday treats.

Oh, Counting Crows...how I love you!  It really was such a special and perfect way to celebrate my birthday.  Not only did Kyle and I get to spend some quality time together, but we had a blast with great friends AND got to enjoy good music at an amazing outdoor venue.  I could not have asked for more...

Heather and I danced the night away!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a special birthday! You most certainly deserve it! I'm so looking forward to our celebration!

    ReplyDelete