Monday, December 17, 2012

O' Christmas Tree

A hunting we will go...
We had the perfect day to head out and hunt for the perfect Christmas tree!  (so much better than the rain storm we braved last year!)  We took our time, the kids ran around and we found a wonderful tree.  It was a tad too tall, I am always drawn to the 10 foot ones, but with a little trimming it looks perfectly beautiful in our living room.
Carter (6 1/2) and Kennedy (4)


Carter was very excited about carrying the saw...he was very careful with it and carried safely the entire time.

I love Christmas!  
And I love this little guy even more!

The kids had so much fun, running free and searching hard for the perfect tree.

We found it!

It was tall and full and lacked any significant holes.
Kyle was thankful that he stayed dry and that he had help carrying it back to the truck.  I took the trunk end and followed along (I only tripped half a dozen times and only needed to stop and rest twice - think we picked a tree a mile from the truck!)

my pretty girl

We got the lights up and started our evening of decorating

cuties

I love pulling out ornaments that represent different times in our lives.  This one was made by my friend Lindsay and given to Carter on his first Christmas.  I especially love these sentimental ones!

Carter wanted his own little "section" of the tree, so most of his ornaments are concentrated in one area.  They were both so excited and really enjoyed putting up their special treasures.
A wonderful life, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment