Friday, September 14, 2012

First Day of School ~ 2012

The start of school is always a tad bittersweet.  While I love routine and consistency, I really loved the freedom and fun of summer, as well, especially now that the kids are older.  I was nervous for Carter to start first grade and to be away from home all day.  Seven hours really seems like a lot!  And it is, but he really seems to be loving school again and for that I am so thankful!
We have a first grader ~ how did that happen?
Carter was reserved in his excitement about starting school this year and I think he wouldn't have minded if we continued on with summer vacation, but thankfully he had a wonderful first day and the year is off to a great start!

Kennedy started her second year of preschool and was so anxious to get back.  She is excited about growing up and getting bigger and will often ask when will she be a grown up.  Frankly, the years are passing by too quickly for me, so I'm in no rush for her to grow up any faster!

"When I grow up, I want to be a nurse, a doctor, an animal worker..."  I am sure there were a few more professions thrown in there, but these were the three that I could remember.
I have a feeling this one will be whatever she wants to be!

Carter ~ 6 1/2
Kennedy ~ 4
September 4th, 2012

"When I grow up, I want to be a pilot"
After much deliberation (and a few complaints that he was just too young to make that kind of decision), Carter went back to the profession that he's shown interest in for years.  
I think he likes the idea of flying but also likes the idea that he could take his family on trips for free.  


I love these two pictures of Kennedy...they truly capture her little personality.

When I picked Carter up from school after his first day, he said "I didn't have a good day, I had a GREAT day."  Nothing could have made me happier.  He seems to really like his teacher, and although he doesn't have any good friends in his class, I think he's social enough and is certainly enjoying his classmates.  He still loves recess and PE but also really likes math and science.  Time in the computer lab is also a favorite.

My loves

For our traditional "1st day of school" dinner out celebration, Carter chose Tommy O's.  He wanted to go to sushi but figured that there would be more choices for everyone if we went to Tommy O's.  We had to order an extra roll of sushi, though, because he ate so much!  I am afraid to see how much he will eat when he's a teenager - I might need to get a second job just to keep up!



Kennedy's official 1st day wasn't until Thursday, so I took a few more pictures...
She was very excited about her new backpack.  She loves cherries!

A sweet little face, maybe a little nervous, getting ready to start her last year of preschool.
Flowers for Miss Tricia

Kennedy is in the gumball room and has a wonderful teacher, Miss Tricia.
We are thrilled and Kennedy is happy that Lyla is in her class again.

Kathy and I took the girls to lunch and shopping after their first day...
First pick-up of the new year

Kennedy and Kaitlin

Sweet friends
Picking flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment