Friday, February 24, 2012

Sharing the Love

This is my second attempt at this post...my first is lost in cyber space. We've been having computer issues lately for years and I'm almost at a breaking point.  Grr.  Just add it to the list of things we "need" or rather, "really want".  Some day we'll get that winning lottery ticket, I'm sure.  Guess I need to start buying them to increase my chances. 

Enough of the negativity, this post is about sharing the love, which we did in preparation for Valentine's Day last week.  While I've never been a huge fan of the holiday, this year seemed more fun and you would have thought it was Christmas watching the kids.  They had so much fun choosing and preparing their Valentine's cards and I tried my best to make the day a special one for my little loves.

Kindergarten is serious business.  Carter had 26 Valentine's Day to write and deliver.  I decided we'd tackle them over the course of a few days and I think we were all happier because of it.  He did such a great job and loved his Lego Starwars cards (writing with a red pen was also a pretty big deal)...sadly, he wanted nothing of my homemade, crafy suggestions.  *sigh* He's a little too grown up.

Kennedy received this fantastic light-up ladybug in her Valentine's care package from Nana and Pops.  It has quickly become her new favorite possession, often accompanying us to the store, school or church.  If you're looking for a gift idea for a toddler, I'd highly recommend it.  It lights up with stars and moons projected all around the room.  Very cute, thank you Nana and Pops!

The night before Valentine's Day the Grices joined for a dinner play date.  It was such a fun evening!  Rachel brought over the makings for a cute Valentine's craft, a heart wreath.  I think Kennedy ended up making 3 - this little one loves to craft!  Carter lasted long enough to play with the glue gun and he was done.  It was much for fun to run around with his friends, I think.

Before dinner I tried to get a picture of our cute, rowdy group.  With six kids six and under, it was a tad challenging.  Carter, Audrey and Joshua were super cooperative, Samuel was being silly, David was too busy with the Buzz Lightyear laser toy and Kennedy simply refused.
How cute are these little ones?

5 out of 6 isn't bad

Thank you Papa Murphy's for your heart shaped pizza...made for a easy and festive dinner.  I loved having a full house, filled with laughter and love.  It was a wonderful way to spend an evening.

After dinner the kids decorated sugar cookies that I had made. 
Joshua loved the frosting!  Doesn't he have the sweetest little face?

David cracks me up.  This little guy is a ham and just so sweet.

Carter and Samuel
Samuel is a great kid and I love that Carter has such good friends.
 

Audrey and Carter attempted to take a picture of Rachel and I, which led to hysterical laughing.  Laughs from deep down in your belly, great laughs that leave you feeling so much better.  Rachel is such a wonderful friend and truly an inspiration.  I'm so thankful for her presence in my life.

Kennedy had originally chosen princess Valentine's for school, but once she saw these cuties (that I found on Pinterest), she quickly changed her mind.  I think they could have used slightly bigger eyes, but I was happy with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment