Saturday, February 11, 2012

Golden Skate

From the looks of things, this particular skating rink hasn't changed much since I attended school skate nights there...in elementary school.  Yikes.
The PTA at Carter's school hosted a skate night at Golden Skate, and I figured the kids would have a good time.  Since it was a work night for me, I didn't get to go, but it was fun hearing all about it from Carter the next morning.
He saw many friends and classmates and had a lot of fun!

I figured roller skating would be a lot easier than ice skating, but a certain someone didn't agree.  The bruises that dotted his body didn't lie.  Poor kid looked like he'd been in a bad bar fight!  Hips, knees, elbows...nothing was spared!


Not the best quality of pictures - point and shoot camera coupled with dark interior, but you get the idea.
I always loved roller skating...something about those little brown skates with orange wheels.  Takes me right back.

Again...falls didn't seem to keep him down.  I love that he's falling with a smile! 
Kennedy wasn't such a huge fan...she didn't really like the skates and I think she was pretty tired.  Daddy bought her a glow stick and so she entertained herself with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment