Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nutcracker

I decided to take Kennedy to the Nutcracker this year, hoping that she was old enough to enjoy the beautiful music and magical story.  My mom and I often attended the Nutcracker during the holidays and I was looking forward to starting this tradition with Kennedy, as well.  My friend Kathy and I thought it would be best to start out with a local production while the girls were still little and that perhaps they would be ready for the Portland OBT show in a couple of years.  
I think we made the right choice.  I really do believe that Kennedy had a good time ~ she loved the idea of the show but I think it got a little hard to sit still, especially during the second half.  The girls did great, though, and I was so happy to start this tradition with sweet friends.
a few pictures before the show...
my beautiful girl is looking so grown up!

love this!
Such a great smile

This was the day after our Christmas party and I was literally running on no sleep for days but I couldn't pass up the chance to get a quick picture with Kennedy before the show.

Kennedy and Kaitlin

Such a fun experience to share with sweet friends

Excited for the show to begin

Exploring the stage during intermission

Such a special evening, capped off by a yummy ice cream cone on our way home.
I look forward to many more trips to see the Nutcracker with my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment