Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sonrise National Park - VBS

We spent our first week of summer vacation learning songs, doing fun crafts, playing games and learning more about Jesus.  It was a wonderful week praising God and I am always very proud to be a part of it.  This year I organized and ran the preschool program which I (sort of) did last year, as well.  I had a great time and knew a lot of the kids, which made it even more fun.
I tell you, nothing can give me goose bumps like 220+ kids singing their hearts out for God.
It is a site to behold - the sanctuary full of young kids, all focused and participating, soaking in the message of God's love.  It'll never get old for me.
Carter was in fun group, the Scampering Squirrels, with his good friends Ryan and Samuel.  His leader was Mrs. Hartman, who I've known forever and is married to my junior high English teacher.  I was always happy to hear a good report from her each day.  Carter really seemed to have fun this year.

Just some of the amazing decorations that our talented decorating team put together to transform the church into a national park.  I have heard so many compliments (from non church members) about how wonderful our VBS was, and it makes me so proud.  There were over 90 volunteers during the week of VBS and many others who worked behind the scenes preparing for the week.  I love to see how it all comes together each year.

The Barczaks and the Phelans
Emory, Ryan, Carter, Kennedy and Weston
I love these kids, they are sweet, funny and so well behaved.

Crazy hair day
Carter's hair kind of stole the show - it was in desperate need of a cut, but I kept it long and put lots of little ponies (we called them spikes for his benefit) and then sprayed the whole thing.  He chose green and Kennedy chose pink, of course.

Just one of the sweet crafts decorating the house after a fun day at camp!

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me how you made the eagle?

    ReplyDelete