Wednesday, November 30, 2011

{thankful}

Maybe a week behind, but it's never too late to put pen to paper (or in this case, finger to keys) and focus on our many blessings, especially during this holiday season.  While I've never been a huge fan of Thanksgiving, (I know, somewhat strange but true) I love the sentiment behind it.  I love the feelings of gratitude, the emphasis on the positive and the gathering of friends and family to celebrate.  It is often easier to focus on the small things that aren't exactly perfect in life, but during Thanksgiving and the weeks that surround it, our blessings seem to be brighter, more at the forefront of our minds.  I love that.  I love hearing what people are thankful for, love to see the sweet artwork that the kids bring home (Carter wrote that he was thankful for our family and then drew a sweet, stick figure portrait.  Kennedy placed her brother, grandparents, mom, dad and rabbit on her thankful tree), love reading the amazingly poetic blogs of friends expressing graditude, I love it. 
Here are just a few of the many things that I am thankful for this season...

Two healthy kids who continue to grow, learn and challenge


A loving husband who also happens to be the world's best dad

Supportive parents

A perfect and faithful God

Dear friends

An encouraging church family

Jobs

Our home and the love that fills it

Fall leaves

A good cup of coffee on a cold morning

Good books

Inquisitive little ones

Small hands to hold

"Mommy, I love you"

New opportunities

The promise and joy of Christmas

I am truly thankful...

No comments:

Post a Comment