Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekend in Arizona

This past weekend, I made a quick trip down to Arizona for the wedding of my childhood friend, Jenny.  Lucky for me, it was also my mom's birthday, so I was able to be there to celebrate with her, as well.  It was a good visit, but 48 hours just wasn't enough!
 My mom and I before the wedding on Saturday night.


 The beautiful bride, Jenny.
Jenny and I first met each other in dance class when we were three years old.  We were in school together from second grade through our senior year.  After graduation, she headed down to Arizona State (which is where I was originally registered to attend college, as well) but we've stayed in touch throughout the years.  I feel fortunate that we are able to see each other on a fairly regular basis - at least once a year.  She is smart, funny, full of energy, adventurous and successful.  I wish her and her husband, Collin, a lifetime of love and happiness.  They sure seem to be a perfect match! 

My Aunt Sandy hosted a lovely birthday dinner for my mom on Sunday evening.  It was so wonderful to see everyone and visit.  It really made me miss the kids, though, as I know they would have loved to have been there. 
My mom and aunt have always been so close...their relationship is one of the main reasons I've always wanted a sister.

 My parents - married 39 years this month!
We gave my dad a hard time for his outfit (I told him he looked very festive, kind of like a big Easter egg), but I love his attitude towards it all and that he certainly doesn't shy away from bold bright colors.  Adds a little something, I think.
My family
Not often that we are all together, it made for a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment