Friday, April 3, 2009

Wicked-ly Wonderful


What a show! Last night Carrie and I enjoyed the most amazing production of Wicked. If you haven't seen it, GO - you won't be disappointed. It was, by far, one of the most entertaining Broadway shows that I've had the pleasure of seeing. The costumes were amazing, the dancing incredible and the music just blew me away. In addition to the eye pleasing set and characters, the story was clever, hysterically funny and intriguing. There was never a dull moment and as the curtain fell, all I could think of was how much I'd love to see it again.

Along with the fabulous show, Care and I hit up the Heathman Hotel for dinner beforehand. We rarely get uninterrupted time together any more, so that was an added bonus. We enjoyed wine, good food and great conversation. It's her birthday today, so the entire evening was a fun way to celebrate. Happy Birthday, Carrie! I'm so thankful that we enjoy doing the same type of things - how lucky I am to have you as a friend!

On the flip side of my wonderful night was the drama unfolding at home. Kyle battling with Kennedy and a bottle...da da dum. Suffice it to say, after 45 minutes of struggling, she worked herself up into such a tizzy that she was physically ill. Yep. She puked from screaming and fighting so hard. And went to bed hungry. Don't know what we're going to do about this one.

1 comment:

  1. We're so pleased you had a chance to enjoy dinner with us. I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy some "adult time." Hope to see you again soon!

    Best,
    Amanda
    The Heathman Hotel

    ReplyDelete