Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving in Boise

In all of the years that Kyle and I have been married, we have never travelled for Thanksgiving.  Kyle had always worked on Friday, so travelling wasn't really an option.  This year was different and we decided to make a trip east to Boise to visit my grandmother.  She had taken a few falls in the last month or so, and we thought it was important to make an effort to see her.  It ended up being a very enjoyable couple of days, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the kids did with the drive. 

 Here we are all loaded up.  I had to laugh at the quantity of stuff that we managed to pack for a four day trip.  Notice the pineapple on the right side.  Really?  Kind of felt like the Griswalds.
 Happy Thanksgiving!

 Our attempts at family portraits are laughable!

 Pops and Kennedy playing angry birds.

My parents flew in from Arizona and arrived on Thursday morning.  We picked them up at the airport and then headed to GG's to visit.

Carter and his great grandma

 Kennedy and GG

 Pops definitely has a soft spot for this little one.  They had fun together.

Kennedy and Ella 

For Thanksgiving, we were fortunate enough to go to the Lowe's for a wonderful dinner.  Shane is my second cousin and he and his wife, Karen, were gracious hosts.  They had a 2 week old new baby and still managed to host dinner for 15!  I was impressed!  A fantastic way to spend the holiday!  It was a wonderful day and the kids had a blast playing with Ella and all of her toys.  The weather was nice, so they took advantage and played outside for quite awhile.

Our hotel had a pool, so the kids were in heaven!  I think they swam at least once every day and were usually down in the pool before 8:00!   


I cannot begin to say it enough, but I am LUCKY to have a husband who loves to swim with the kids.  I've got the easy part - sitting on the sidelines, snapping pictures!
On our last night, we all went out to dinner (sadly, I didn't get a group shot the entire trip!)  Carter is enjoying 'dirt in a cup' - a special treat of chocolate pudding, mashed oreos and gummy worms.  Always spoiled by Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment