Tuesday, December 13, 2011

North Pole Breakfast

I found this fun idea for a North Pole Breakfast on a blog that I've recently discovered and knew that I had to attempt one for the kids this year. Check out the blog here. I thought it would be a special way to welcome our elf, Frisbee, back for December.  It was put together quite quickly, so there were several details that I wasn't able to perfect, but overall I was pleased with how it turned out.
The kids had a wonderful time and seemed to enjoy the novelty of donuts, candy covered pretzels and hot chocolate for breakfast.
Frisbee is back...he's watching and reporting back to Santa.  Trust me, he's already come in handy a few times.  A great way to curb bad behavior! 

I set the table the night before, so I didn't have much to do in the morning.  Since our kids get up so early, I knew I didn't want to be preparing things then. 

My mom gave me these beautiful ornaments this year, so I hung them from the light above the table for decoration.   

 I found little place settings for each of them and used those to spruce up the table.

 Before they could dig in or open their gifts (much to Carter's dismay), we read the letter that Frisbee had written them.

 They each got their annual ornament and a new Christmas book.  The Polar Express for Carter and Fancy Nancy for Kennedy.
Oh, and if you're wondering why Kennedy is wearing a hat indoors, it's because she had slept with it that night.  She discovered it in the back of a drawer while choosing pajamas and insisted that it be worn to sleep.  Ok then.

An Oregon Duck ornament - Carter was in heaven! 

 Finally, let's eat!

 Kennedy was excited to see a place card with her name on it!

A true breakfast of champions
Snowballs (mini powdered donuts), snowflakes (covered pretzels with sprinkles) and Christmas shaped pancakes.  Oh and a banana so that I didn't feel completely hypocritical!
Overall, I think the morning was a success.  I had a lot of fun putting everything together and I think the kids really enjoyed it, as well.  Definitely will need to do this again next year.

And this is my 200th post!  Wow.
I started this blog almost 4 years ago and love to go back and read old posts.  My hope is to turn it into a book so that Carter and Kennedy will have it when they are older.  I think it's a great way to document our life as a family and wish that I had written memories like this from my childhood. (Especially since I have a terrible time remembering things!)  I know that I cherish these times and am thankful for the opportunity to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment