Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Carter, Mommy & the MOVERS!

Carter and I had a little date night last night and went to his very first concert. I had heard that The Imagination Movers were coming to town and bought tickets several months ago. I love going to live shows, and I had hoped that Carter would love it too. I have to admit, even though it was geared towards the preschool set, the Movers put on an awesome concert. They're pretty cool - four guys from New Orleans who thought it would be nice to create hip music for young kids. Granted Disney has commercialized them a bit, but the music is super fun and Carter loves the show too. It was a great night!

Getting ready to go...Carter was so excited and talked about it for days ahead of time. He was most excited about getting to stay up past his bed time, I think.


Dinner in a bus - we stopped by the Grilled Cheese Grill and had dinner before the show

The concert was at the Arlene Schnitzer and it was a great venue. We had fifth row, which were by far the best seats I've ever had to a show (perhaps equal to the floor seats I scored to see the Counting Crows in college).

Boy, do they really stick it to you on the loot. $35 later and Carter had a shirt and glow stick. Money well spent, I'm sure.

About every 30 seconds I was checking the time to see when the show would start. It was hard to be patient when it was SO exciting!

Dancing along...can you tell how mellow he was? I had secretly hoped that he would jump and scream like a crazy person, but instead he smiled and took it all in. He did get up and dance, but he was very serious about it. I think it was a lot to take in at once.

Mover Smitty

Gettin' down


Before the encore, they shot out confetti which rained down on the audience. Carter was in awe!


Ending the show - what a fun and special night for us.

1 comment: