Wednesday, March 6, 2013

a little bit of life ~ February edition

Trying to catch up on the blog before we take off for vacation...knowing that when we come home, I'll probably have 1,000 pictures to sort through and several posts that will need to be written.
One of the things that I like best about keeping this blog is that I can add odd pictures and little stories, preserving memories that otherwise would have been forgotten.
When uploading these last few photos, I couldn't help but laugh - my Kennedy is certainly a character!  Also, feeling so blessed...life is not always easy, some days seem down right impossible, but overall I am blessed beyond measure and it's important to be reminded of that!

Kennedy read a "Fancy Nancy" book wherein Nancy dressed up in an "explorer extraordinaire" outfit.  Of course, Kennedy has many mysteries to solve, so she had to find the perfect outfit.  The funniest bit is that she chose all of these things the night before and laid them out on her chair.  I (foolishly) thought she'd forget all about it come morning, but she didn't.  She was dressed in record time and was ready to solve some mysteries!

During a play date, Kennedy and Kaitlin were playing quietly in Kennedy's room.  I didn't think much of it, they are girls after all.  Figured they were coloring or crafting or playing with dolls.  Sort of.  Kennedy had decided to dress herself up - I'm not even sure how she managed to put all of these layers on! 

Meanwhile, Kaitlin stayed perfectly well dressed!
Both enjoyed some play time in my bath tub ~ silly girls!

We headed over to Carrie's on Tuesday night and had a wonderful night together.  We just don't get to see them all enough, and I enjoyed every minute of the evening.  They treated us to a wonderful Japanese dinner which we all loved! 
Ethan is just the cutest, sweetest, funniest little guy ~ I could definitely have another one if I could have one like Ethan, oh he's a doll for sure!

I wanted to snap a few pictures before we left...

of course they had to be goofy too!

Ethan brought a book over to Carter and asked him to read it...Carter happily obliged.  I think he got a kick out of being the "big" kid.  Ethan was so funny, I think he was a little surprised that Carter knew all the words!

He sat and listened to the entire book as Carter read...

So loved our time together, thank you for a fantastic night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment