Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Update

November has been one very busy month, hence the lack of blogging on my end.  Who knew?  I kept thinking that things would slow down and then something else would come up and  life would get crazier.  I would like to say that December will be "less" but who am I kidding?  With Christmas and all of the fun traditions that come along with it, life will continue to move along at a break neck pace and I will do my best to keep up with it all.

I've got about a dozen posts that I need to write and I will get to them as soon as I can, but in the mean time here is a little bit of what we've been up to:

Carter started his first season of basketball.
Kyle is coaching and the league is through the Parks & Rec so it's not competitive, just a lot of fun for the kids.  Kyle's doing a great job as coach and the boys seem to be enjoying themselves.  Carter loves it!  He is constantly asking to go out front to shoot hoops and is always very excited for his games.  He's pretty competitive and his mood is dependent on how well he plays.  The first game (although he only played about 10 minutes, because he had to rush off to his last soccer game) went great - he scored six points and was pumped!  Unfortunately the next two games didn't go as well - I'm not sure if it was the pressure he was putting on himself or better defense by the other team, but he only scored once during each game.  He's kind of a ball hog, which is a little embarrassing, but he's trying so hard that I just let it go.  The fourth game was awesome!  He did such a great job - had ten points, passed and dribbled well.  I was so proud of him.
It was a lot of fun to watch.
happy to be playing

Having fun with his friends.
All of the other seven players are either friends of his from school or church, so Carter has a great time!

Kyle is such a great dad...and a good coach too!

Carter and Andrew
These two have been on every team together and have so much fun.  When they are in together, they only pass each other the ball, which is funny, but they are both intense and are doing great.  I love to watch their friendship grow...

a sweaty little defender
I will definitely say this about Carter, when he's out on the court, he's hustling.  He seems to put forth more effort in basketball then we've seen in other sports.

#3
Carter lost his third tooth - his permanent tooth is already coming up, but in the mean time his smile is a little more holy :)

Someone wanted to wear a shower cap like Mommy...

I couldn't resist a few pictures of my cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment