Saturday, August 27, 2011

finally...boating weather is here!

Summer has finally arrived here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I feel the sunny days and warm temperatures are our reward for putting up with months and months of grey and rain. And for the majority of those 10 months or so, the boat sits in the garage taking up valuable storage space. But on these rare, glorious, hot summer days I am so thankful that we have the chance to get out on the water and enjoy our majestic surroundings.

A few weeks ago we headed up to Lake Merwin for our inaugural boat trip (we're lucky enough to be going again tomorrow) and had such a wonderful time. It was just the four of us and the day could not have been better. It was sunny and warm, the kids loved riding in the tube and jumping into the water. I even managed to come close to rock star status in Carter's eyes as I dusted off the water skis and took a little spin. It was a fabulous family day!

Excited kiddos!


Who's ready to go boating?
these two



Going for a dip in the icy cold waters. Lake Merwin is a reservoir that is filled by Mt. St. Helen's snow melt...brrr!


Our first tube trip -

an example of how much I love my kids. I really don't love cold water, but it was so worth it to hear their squeals of delight.

I think the tube had a slow leak, so by our second time I was getting a lot wetter. Kennedy loved every second, though.


Carter helped Daddy drive




Mr. Brave decided to hit the tube by himself, he did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment