Saturday, July 24, 2010

Until next time...

I often find it difficult to put into words how much I love and appreciate my mom. And sadly, I'm afraid I don't always do the best job in showing her, either. BUT, we are so thankful for the time that my mom so willingly spends with us each summer. Some might shudder at the thought of having their mom/mother-in-law stay with them for 3 or 4 weeks, but Kyle and I are so appreciative of all that she does to help, and we're always sad to see her go. The kids seemed to grow even more attached during her stay this year. Kennedy can now say "nana" as clear as day and each of the kids were able to do special things with her on their own. I cherish this time, am so grateful for the help and love watching the kids enjoy their Nana. How blessed we are to have her!

In the 3 1/2 weeks that she spent with us this summer, we packed in a ton of fun things. Here is some photo documentation of our wonderful time together:

We LOVE Nana! Lots of time spent reading and playing,


fun trips to Oaks Park,


buying elephant ears at the zoo,

plenty of playtime at the park,

tea time at Cafe Sip n' Play,

celebrating birthdays and helping to make them special,

trying to snap photos of moving children,

babysitting so Kyle and I could enjoy a fabulous night out with friends,

tea parties,

second trip to Oaks Park,

lots of time for loving (especially thankful for mom getting up with the kids every morning!),

and hiking at Multnomah Falls on a beautiful morning!

Thank you Nana, we love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment