Thursday, May 27, 2010

Road Trippin'

I have to commend any mom who travels by car with their kids on a regular basis. I prefer the hands-free method of flying where I can easily get the kids a snack, take them to the bathroom or turn on the DVD player without interrupting our travels. But, with that being said, my first solo road trip with the munchkins was a huge success. We headed down (all the way down!) I-5 to Medford a couple of weeks back and spent two crazy days with my dear friend Ali and her family. Thankfully Carter and Emi played incredibly well together - no fighting or arguing over toys and basic sweetness for the entire trip. Kennedy was a different story, but really, when is she not? She was off her schedule, lacking in sleep and was pretty much a bear. But we dealt with it. It was a fun few days and we were so thankful for our time with the Williams' family. We only wished they lived closer!

Three out of the four (Luke was in the stroller) - our one outing to Jacksonville for gelato and play time at the park
My Kennedy

I'm not sure why I didn't take more pictures, but it may have something to do with the craziness of four kids four and under. God bless the mom's out there with four young children...Ali and I were exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. So did you drive all the way to Medford by yourself with the kids? Way to go! We are headed there this weekend, B grew up there...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete