Saturday, January 23, 2010

ouch

I think it's safe to say that I won't be winning any "Mom-of-the-Year" awards for my parental skills this week. And I'm afraid Kennedy's fingers got the worst of it! Our action packed week started off with a bang on Monday afternoon when Kennedy's left hand got caught in the freezer door and her three middle fingers were smashed and bruised. Then on Thursday, her other hand got totally crunched in the car door. There was blood. a lot. of. blood. Thankfully it looked a whole lot worse than it actually was and her three fingers on her right hand are still attached. Just a little battered and bruised. The worst part of these two injuries was that it was me doing the door shutting. Twice. Nice. The icing on the cake was Carter getting a hand on my trimming scissors and taking a nice chunk of blond hair from that cute head of his. He was only trying "to be more handsome, Mommy," and thankfully he only got one good snip before he was stopped. Kyle and I were both in the bathroom, but it was morning and we were both rushing to get ready for the day. As I said, definitely not an award worthy week on my part. Please don't call CPS!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! That so sad when they get their fingers slammed in the door! Too bad! Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, Maya has cut her hair like 3 different times. I'm pretty impressed that he only got one snip. Good job for catching it before he went to town!

    ReplyDelete