Monday, March 23, 2009

Hand me downs

As most people know, I love to shop. Oh how I love to shop...and shopping for my children has only increased my "addiction." However, as much as I love shopping, I have scaled back a bit and have still managed to keep my kids looking cute - thanks in large part to wonderful friends (sales at baby gap and my mother's equally bad shopping habit, too :).
We have been so lucky to be able to share and trade lots of clothes with family and friends. My dear friend, Ali, has passed along several of Emi's darling outfits for Kennedy to use and we've been taking full advantage of her generosity. Here are a few of our favorites:

Ali is expecting a sweet baby boy in May, so I'll be passing along some of Carter's things as well.
My friend Bradi has also been amazing in all the stuff she's passed down...we were lucky there, as she had her daughter a few months before Carter and then had a boy two months before Kennedy, so we've been able to do some reciprocal swapping! And just a few weeks ago my neighbor, Trisha, had bins and bins of her daughter's clothes for me to look through and use. It was like Christmas! I just can't express my gratitude enough for every one's generosity. Kids grow so fast, and it's so wonderful to be able to share all this baby gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment