Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sleep, glorious sleep!

I almost hate to write about our good fortune, in fear that it might come to a screeching halt...But, I'm just too happy to keep it to myself. The sleep fairies must have sprinkled some magic dust on our little one, because last night Kennedy slept the ENTIRE night. (She goes to bed at 7:00 and didn't wake up until 5:40 - wow!) Yes, she is nearly seven months old and no, she hasn't really done this before (there was one fluke night back in September, but that was so long ago...). Up until a few days ago there were many nights where we were up two, three, even four times with her. Now, I'm not sure if she's fighting off an illness, going through a growth spurt or just realized that she needs more sleep, but whatever it is I'm ecstatic. With this new found nighttime sleep, she's even napping better. She took two very good naps today and went down without a peep each time. Could her sleep problems really have been solved without endless nights of screaming??? Is it too good to be true? Perhaps, but I'm primed to ride this wave of good fortune for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment